Hey guys and gals, it's Sadie!
I've been working on a new bracelet, XO Acapulco. In fact it's THE biggest bracelet I've made to date and is inspired by the popular Acapulco necklace.
I thought I'd share with you a little about the design process!
- It starts with the inspiration (above) - well that came from my love of colour, print and pattern. I LOVE the Acapulco necklace so much, it's my personal favourite piece. I also enjoy wearing the big, wide Bananas bracelets, and so started thinking about a big cuff bracelet that would coordinate with the Acapulco necklace.
- Then I begin designing the pattern on my laptop. I often share this process on the Shh Instagram stories - so you may have seen this! When I'm happy with the design, I make the prototype.
- For the wide bracelets I have a different bead loom. Even stringing the loom for a piece as large as this takes ages! I have to be careful that the threads don't ping off as then I have to start all over again....argh!
- Then it's a matter of following my design and beading, beading, beading. This bracelet took approx 4-5 hours of beading (with the odd tea break of course!).
- It's then ready to be finished with 24 carat gold plated shiny bits, photographed and listed online!
Hope you enjoyed this little trip behind the scenes!